Friday, April 11, 2008

Examples of Digital Stories

Jeong, Silvia (n.d.). My Potato Story. Retrieved April 5, 2008, from the KQED Digital Storytelling Initative Web site: http://dsi.kqed.org/index.php/contest/story_big/49/

Making Apple Crumble. Available online at: http://story.e2bn.org/movie.php?id=5&wm=11.0&qt=6.0&browser=ie&ismac=false


Digital Storytelling has continued to be an interesting place to learn about a form of visual literacy. I have worked on this post to find examples about DS to share with my students to intrigue their interests and give them ideas about how they will be able to use DS in the classroom to develop their writing. Above are a couple of examples of how digital stories are composed into the final product.
This post simply gives some ideas to use and ways to go about using digital storytelling.
Annette

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Hey Annette!
I really liked both examples that you posted. I think what I liked best was that you could tell that they were done by real kids. Every once in a while there was a stumble in their voice, just letting you know that it wasn't something that was a Hollywood production. I think that would make the students feel more comfortable when taking a project like that on. That being said, they were amazing! I really liked some of the special effects in the potato story. What a creative way to express yourself! Thanks for sharing!

Sabrina

Jenn Swaisgood said...

Great examples of digital stories! Although they are both different genres, I love them both. The apple crumble story is a great idea for teaching sequence or chronological order in writing. Much more fun than just having students write on paper :)!

I also love the potato story because it allowed the student to infuse their own creativity into the story and how it was portrayed.

I have never used digital storytelling in my classroom though, do you think it's hard to teach students how to use the program? Or do you use a program like Photostory?

Great examples!

Jenn